Our highest priority is your safety. As your service provider or employer, it is our commitment to educate and protect you on the importance of Coronavirus COVID-19.
The following information and guidelines were taken directly from the CDC website and provide current recommendations for businesses in handling Coronavirus (COVID-19) at their respective workplaces. As your janitorial provider/employer, we’d like to assure you that we’re following CDC guidelines closely and would like to work with you to develop a cleaning plan that will not only promote a more sanitary workplace, but also provide you and/or your employees with peace of mind that appropriate measures are in place to promote workplace safety.
CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), February 2020
What we are currently doing:
- We will be working with our employees to educate them on COVID-19, the importance of PPE, proper disinfection techniques, and how to better protect themselves and their environment.
- Per our contract we regularly disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, doorknobs and restrooms.
- For accounts that we supply cleaning products, we use 3M Quat Disinfectant Cleaner, which is found on the EPA List N of “Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2” as product #6836-78.*
- Per the CDC, their recommendation is for no additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning at this time. HOWEVER, if you would like additional areas that are not in the contract to be disinfected or a higher frequency, please let us know and we can add service for an additional cost. See options listed below.
- OPTION 1 – We are able to add routine disinfecting to new and existing customers utilizing our 3M Quat Disinfectant Cleaner to ensure frequently touched surfaces are disinfected regularly and properly.
- OPTION 2 – We can do a high-level disinfection of an entire facility utilizing specialized sprayers, foggers and 3M MBS Disinfectant Cleaner, which is also on the EPA List N under product #6836-361. 3M MBS has a faster dwell time then traditional methods and can disinfect faster.
What to do if someone in your building is diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Call us immediately, 24/7 (814-368-7199) or contact your Area Manager and alert us that an employee or other on-site provider has tested positive for COVID-19. To protect the privacy of employees, contractors, and other on-site consultants, please DO NOT disclose the identity(s) of individuals that have received positive test results. We will work with you to develop a site-specific plan, including an extensive overall cleaning and disinfection of your entire building utilizing CDC mandated PPE and disinfectants.
- Transparency is incredibly important to employees, especially when addressing workplace health and safety matters that affect the collective wellbeing. Some of your employees may be wondering how your organization is addressing COVID-19. Utilizing standard communication channels for companywide communication, we recommend that you inform your employees and other on-site personnel that you are utilizing a proactive approach by taking important steps that include cleaning and disinfecting common ‘touch points’ and other areas more stringently. Conveying a calm and clear message will minimize any sense of panic, provide reassurance, and hopefully result in minimal disruption to company operations.
As your janitorial provider/employer, we are committed to providing a clean and sanitary workplace for your employees. We are currently working on additional services in the unfortunate event of employee infection. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions and, rest assured, I’ll be staying on top of any updates that the CDC provides as they become available.
Business Development Director